Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Reunion
Thank you to all VUSM alumni who participated in and helped make Reunion 2018 a great success. Information about Reunion 2020 is coming soon- stay tuned!
Class photos are now on each class's reunion page, as well as here
Classes Celebrating Special Anniversaries, 2020
All classes 1969
Thursday, October 11, 2018
- Golf Outing & Breakfast • Breakfast at 8:30 am • Tee time starts at 9:00 am • Richland Country Club . Golf Chairman: William M. Petrie, M.D. (BA’68, M.D.’72); Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University Medical Center. (Registration required)
Welcome Dinner and Vanderbilt University Medical Alumni Association (VMAA) Awards Program
5:30 pm - Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum (registration required)
Honoring VMAA Distinguished Alumni Award Winners, Kathryn M. Edwards, M.D., FAC ’80-Present and David M. Gershenson, M.D. ‘71 as well as VMAA Distinguished Service Award Winner, Kitty D. Murfree
Friday, October 12, 2018
- Registration Packets Pick- Up • 6:30 am–2:30 pm • Light Hall North Lobby
- VMAA hosted Breakfast • 6:30 am-8:30 am • Light Hall Student Lounge
- Specialty Grand Rounds and Conference
More information visit the CME Offerings page
- Plenary Session I • 8–11:15 a.m. • Light Hall 208
The President’s Welcome
Thomas W. Nygaard, BA ’74, M.D.’78, President, Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Association Board
Keynote Address presented by Kathryn M. Edwards, M.D. (FAC ’80-Present)
, 2018 VMAA Distinguished Alumna
Sarah H. Sell and Cornelius Vanderbilt Chair in Pediatrics, Professor of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Topic: “An Update on Immunizations: Successes and Challenges.”
Keynote Address presented by David M. Gershenson, M.D.’71, 2018 VMAA Distinguished Alumnus; Professor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX. Topic: “Life Lessons from a Vanderbilt School of Medicine Education and Beyond.”
Update: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Medical Center
Jeffrey R. Balser, M.D.'90, Ph.D. '90, President and CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Dean of the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Quinq Inductions, Classes of 1968 and 1969 • 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. • Light Hall 208
Join us as we honor new Vanderbilt Quinq Medical Society inductees and their spouses.
Photographs of the new Quinq Classes will be taken immediately following the ceremony.
- Quinq Medical Society Luncheon • 12:15–1:30 p.m. • Langford Lobby
For Classes of 1969 and earlier and their families (registration required)
- All-Alumni and Family Luncheon • 12–1:30 p.m. • Light Hall Student Lounge
Graduates, Classes of 1970–present. $15/adult, $8/children 6-12, Free/children 5 and under (registration required).
- Afternoon Activities
Anatomy Lab Tour • Meet in Light Hall, North Lobby. Tour group departs at 2 p.m.
Pre-Med Conversation • Light Hall Student Lounge. Come talk with Jennifer Steffen Kimble, Director of Admissions for VUSM, to hear about what makes candidates competitive for medical school.
Interactive Learning Session • Light Hall 214. "Taming the Overwhelm: How to Be More Productive with Less Stress in Your Life as a Physician" presented by Dr. Ryan Bayley (M.D. '04), national speaker, physician coach, and healthcare consultant. For more information, please click here
- Class Parties (please see each class page for class party location, registration is required).
Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Registration Packets Pick-up • 8–11 a.m. • Light Hall North Lobby
- VMAA Breakfast • 8-9 am • Eskind Biomedical Library, Room 215
- Plenary Session II: Student Initiative • 2 CME Credit* • 9–11 a.m. • Eskind Biomedical Library, Room 238
The Next Generation: Research | Clinical Care | Education
Moderator: Joey Barnett, Ph.D., Vice Chair, Professor of Pharmacology, Medicine, Pediatrics, and Pathology, Microbiology & Immunology, Director of the Office of Medical Student Research, Assistant Dean of Physician-Researcher Training, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
• Justin Banerdt, MD/MPH Candidate, (Class of 2020) "Delirium Prevalence and Outcomes Among Patients Presenting to a Resource-Restricted Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia"
• Thomas Klink, MD/MPH Candidate, (Class of 2019) "Experiences from an MPH Practicum: Establishing Monitoring and Evaluation Protocols for a Mobile Clinic in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala."
• Nicholas Kuhl, MD Candidate, (Class of 2019) "The Economic Impact and Resource Utilization of Surgical Intervention in Obstructive Sleep Apnea."
• Katherine Sumarriva, MD Candidate (Class of 2019) "Arginine Metabolism is Dysregulated in Diabetic Retinopathy."
*These sessions have been approved for CME credit.
- Vanderbilt Homecoming Tailgate • 9–11 a.m.
VU Tailgate at Rob Roy Purdy Field (located at 25th Avenue and Children's Way).
- Homecoming Football Game VU vs. University of Florida • 11 a.m.
Come cheer the ’Dores on to victory! A limited number of game tickets are available at $64 each (inclusive of all processing fees) and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
To order, visit Ticketmaster: https://bit.ly/2O1UEm7 and enter the promo code Reunion2018 for early purchase access. To purchase tickets over the phone, please call the Athletic Ticket Office at (615) 322-GOLD (4653).
Alumni have two delivery options for tickets purchased – mail or Ticket Fast (print at home).
Single-game SEC tickets go on sale to the general public September 1.
This schedule is susceptible to change, please check this website or contact us for more information.