The Thomas E. Brittingham Society Scientific Sessions held in conjunction with VUSM Reunion 2016
The Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Association welcomes our Thomas E. Brittingham Society members to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Reunion 2016 festivities October , 2016.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Association, reservations required via the Brittingham Society.
Registration is now closed, please call 615.322.0310 for more information.
Friday, October 21, 2016
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.:
Light Hall 208
1 p.m.: Welcome
- Cecelia Theobald, M.D., MPH, Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine
1:10 p.m.: The State of the Department of Medicine
- Nancy Brown, M.D., Hugh Jackson Morgan Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology, Chair, Department of Medicine, Physician-in-chief
1:45 p.m.: Fox and Hedgehog Presentations
2:45 p.m.: Refreshment Break
- Chief Medical Residents for 2016-2017
3 p.m.: Residency Program Update
- John Sergent, M.D., Residency Program Director, 2003 - 2013
3:30 p.m.: Vanderbilt Medicine on the Cutting Edge of Discovery
- W. Kimryn Rathmell, M.D. PhD, Director of Hematology & Oncology
- Dan M. Roden, MDCM, Assistant Vice-Chancellor for Personalized Medicine
- William H. Fissell, M.D. Associate Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering
4:30 p.m.: Conclusion
- Cecelia Theobald, M.D., MPH
Saturday, October 22, 2016
The University Club of Nashville
Brittingham Society Reception and Dinner
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Association, reservations required via the Brittingham Society
The Brittingham Society meets on the same weekend as Vanderbilt University School of Medicine’s (VUSM’s) Reunion 2016 as well as Vanderbilt University’s Reunion / Homecoming .
Further information about the VUSM Reunion 2016 Brittingham Society Meeting, please see
The Vanderbilt Medical Alumni Association (VMAA) welcomes Brittingham Society members to attend all the VUSM scientific and social Reunion 2016 activities. Many of the activities are complimentary, but registration is requires. See our website for details and registration link (Online VUMS Reunion registration opens August 1, 2016). For questions please call the VMAA office at (615) 322-0310.